Working to become an environmentally sustainable company
Climate change. Air pollution. Marine pollution. Resource depletion. For these global problems, companies worldwide need to come together to find global solutions. Working toward a better future, Airport Logistics Group is focused on managing environmental risks and achieving a sustainable supply chain in cooperation with stakeholders for customers and society.
Our goal: ZERO emissions
Our sustainable supply chain strategy
We are working toward our goal of providing net-zero emission services that cover the entire supply chain for customers by 2030.
We will enhance and expand Airport Logistics Group Performance and Airport Logistics Group Focus to visualize and optimize costs/operations and reduce GHG emissions and waste across the entire supply chain, including corporate activities other than logistics.
By using both our knowledge of best practices and innovative digital technology, such as AI, to create a path to total optimization, we are aiming to enable anyone in the Airport Logistics Group Group to provide high-quality consultation, contributing to net-zero emissions throughout the customer’s supply chain.
NYK Group Green Policy
1. We adopt responsible practices with due regard to the environmental impacts of our corporate activities. We set and continually review objectives and targets for achieving our goal to protect our entire global environment and biodiversity..
2. We seek not only to comply with safety and environmental regulations but also to implement in-house standards to improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution.
3. We commit ourselves to the safe operation of all our services via sea, land, and air, as well as operations at terminals and warehouses.
4. We seek to reduce environmental impact by efficiently using resources, saving energy, reducing waste, encouraging material recycling, and particularly by reducing GHG emissions.
5. We endeavor to minimize environmental impact and adopt environmentally friendly technologies when ordering and purchasing necessary resources for transportation services and cargo operations.
6. We endeavor to use education programs to raise environmental awareness among our employees and to ensure that they recognize the essence of this Green Policy by actively addressing environmental concerns.
7. We make wide-ranging social contributions in close partnership with local communities by disclosing environmental information and supporting environmental conservation initiatives.
Our initiatives for reducing environmental impact
We’re working to reduce our global environmental impact in many ways.
Development of environmentally friendly facilities
One of facilities in Benelux was built to the highest standards of sustainability, efficiency, and safety. Best-in-class construction techniques and high-tech heating and lighting systems – including heat recovery and heat pump systems, solar panels, and LED lighting – keep the facility almost energy-neutral.
Introduction of renewable energy
A large-scale solar power generator, with 500kW output, in New Jersey USA. The electricity generated is used in the warehouse, with excess wattage sold to local power companies.
Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Company Vehicles
We’re switching from fossil fuel vehicles to vehicles that use renewable fuels and electric vehicles.
Participation in United Airlines’ Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) program
The Eco-Skies Alliance program is a first-of-its-kind program involving global corporations working with United Airlines to help power flying in a more sustainable way. We are the first Asian forwarder to participate in this SAF program. This means we actively work to create more SAF demand in international transportation to reduce CO2 emissions.
CO2 Emissions Calculator
The « e-calculator » is available to stakeholders as a tool for calculating carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions during international air cargo transportation. Using this tool, it is possible to estimate the amount of CO2 emissions at each stage of transportation, including transportation between airports by air and delivery to customers at the destination.